Women earn on average 18% less than men and the gender pay gap is getting worse! This International Women’s Day, take to the streets to demand action on pay justice.
Rally Tuesday 8 March, 5:30 pm
State Library, Corner of Swanston Street and Latrobe Street
Followed by a lively march to a range of city targets ending at Parliament House!
• Wipe out the gender pay gap: equal pay for women!
• End the NT Intervention: Scrap the basic cards; fund jobs and services in Indigenous communities on award wages!
• Abolish youth and disability wages: pay the full adult rate for all!
• Stop the exploitation of overseas students and temporary residents – prosecute employers who pay less than the award wage!
• Fund pay equity: tax the rich, scrap handouts to big business and stop the war!
• For affirmative action & fully funded training programs to end the sex segregation of the workforce!
• End the mandatory double domestic shift: Free 24 hour childcare! Fully funded social services! All carers to be paid a living wage!
• Scrap Centrelink enforced dependency on partners and parents – an independent living wage for all!
• Victory to the community sector workers and federal public servants now – no gradual phase-in period!
• Union democracy: the right of union members to decide the goals and priorities of their unions through full discussion and majority vote. Free speech within unions!
• Strengthen our unions: scrap WorkChoices lite! Abolish the Australian Building and Construction Commission!
• Solidarity with low paid and exploited workers everywhere!